Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stress and Weight Gain

Dr. Oz show on March 15, 2010

Media report one was based on the Dr. Oz show about stress and weight gain. During this show he revealed why stress can lead to unwanted weight gain. He also helped viewers understand how the adrenal glands affect the way your belly fat grows through description and a physical model. Dr. Oz states that when we are not happy a chemical is released from our brain which secretes steroids which in turn gets belly fat to grow larger. Dr. Oz revealed four tips to break the stress cycle. Those four tips include: Finding the acupressure point on inside of the wrist, a passion flower extract in which you mix with your drinks and using imagery to picture a peaceful setting. Dr. Oz's show revealed many ways to deal with unwanted stress.

In the text chapter 11 spoke of stress. According to the text stress is the term which describes the physical, emotional, cognitive, and behavioral responses to events that are viewed as threatening or challenging. Stress shows up in many ways such as sleeping problems, frequent colds, eating too much or crying a lot. The Dr. Oz show revealed that stress has a huge impact on weight gain. When things in our lives stress us, we begin to gain weight. This show described many ways to help reduce stress which results in no weight gain.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the time to watch Dr. Oz. I love his insights and he just tells it like it is. I have known for awhile now that stress can lead to weight gain as well as not getting enough sleep. I have seen this first hand! It is great to see this type of information again so we can keep on our toes. Stress does a number on our body--more than we realize! Thanks for the tips and next time I feel stressed I hope to remember and try the pressure point tip!

    ReplyDelete